Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gobi Paratha !!

Gobi Ka Paratha is a mouthwatering Punjabi cuisine, it is stuffed with flavored cauliflower and spices.  Gobi is also called Phool Gobi or Cauliflower. I made this for dinner :-)) 

Ingredients:-

Gobhi/Cauliflower - 2 cup (grated)

Onion - 3/4 cup (chopped finely)

Ginger - 1 tbsp (chopped finely)

Coriander/cilantro  - 1/3 cup (chopped)

Ajwain  - 1/2 tsp

Garlic - 5 pearls(shredded or mashed completely)

Salt as per taste

Garam Masala:- 1/2 tsp

Green chilli - 3 no's (cut in to very small pieces)

Aamchoor powder/Mango powder - 1/2 tsp

 
I know this is not a perfect circle.

I like it this way.

Ok I admit.

I can't ever get a perfect circle.

You caught me :-))
 
Method :-

1) Wash the cauliflower and grate it.

2) Sprinkle some salt over the grated gobi and let it stand for about 15 minutes..

3) Squeeze out juice of all the grated gobi by pressing it in between your hands tightly. I use this juice to prepare dough for paratha without wasting.

4) Add all the above ingredients to the grated gobi and mix well.

For Making Paratha

2 cups wheat flour (I used sujatha atta)

1tbsp. oil

1 tsp salt

warm water for mixing along with the juice extrated from Gobi :-))

Mix wheat flour, salt, oil and warm water. Knead well. Make dough stiff enough for roti/ paratha. Keep aside.

To make paratha :-

1) Make two small balls out of the dough. 
 
2) Roll both of them in small circles.
 
3) Take one rolled circle of dough and place some of the gobi mixture in the center
 
4) Cover this with the other rolled circle of dough and press the sides lightly with your finger to seal in the mixture.

5) Sprinkle some flour on both sides to avoid sticking on the surface.

6) Roll the paratha into a circle.

7) Heat pan on medium heat and roast the paratha on both side by applying oil


Serve hot with ghee on top and plain dahi(curd) on side..

Enjoy : -)) 

I had some left over Eggplant curry and had that as one of the side dish :-))

My hubby really liked it yeahhhh!!! :-))

Good night !!

2 comments:

  1. It's a great dinner. I usually make Gobi Paratha. How about not squeezing the juice out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear kalpana,

    thanks for visiting my blog. I did the same as you suggested. I used the juice to prepare dough for the paratha :-))

    ReplyDelete